View our Therapy Teams in action!
To order your copy of this video, contact
McRoberts Video Productions
Therapy Pets of Greater Cincinnati is an all-volunteer group of over 200 volunteer Therapy Teams that provide Animal Assisted Activities (AAA) and Animal-Assisted Therapy (AAT) to clients throughout the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky metro area. We are proud to be a Community Partner with Pet Partners® (formerly known as the Delta Society®) organization.
Our group actively promotes the benefits of the human-animal connection through community involvement, close cooperation with client facilities, and ongoing training, evaluation and mentorship opportunities for our members.
Many of our members also volunteer in the Pages 'N Paws reading program at several local schools, libraries and bookstores.
We are also available for public or private speaking engagements and to assist client facilities in establishing a pet therapy program and a training program for their staff and volunteers.
Browse through our website to learn more and see how you can become involved.
THERAPY PETS OF GREATER CINCINNATI
INTERMIDIATE DOG TRAINING CLASS
(This class is not a prerequisite for therapy testing)
This intermediate training class is offered to dogs already knowing their basic commands. We’ll review these behaviors, and practice ones with added distractions. Learn “heel”, “wait”, and more.
Glenna Mockbee will be the main dog trainer, with assistance from Robin Daniels.
ABOUT THE COURSE
- Get a review of behaviors already learned
- Learn “heel”, “wait”, and more.
- Practice behaviors with added distractions
- Cost: $75.00, payment before class to P.O. Box 1392 West Chester, Ohio 45071
- Course length: 6 weeks
- Dates: FRIDAYS: June 27, July11, July18, July25, August 1, and August 8
- Time: 7 – 8 PM
- Location: Training Tracks Canine Learning Station , 9235 Cincinnati-Columbus Rd., West Chester, Ohio 45069-1582
Glenna Mockbee’s e-mail is email@example.com, and her cell is 513-604-9108.
Please e-mail her with your name, e-mail, and phone number, dog’s name and age, and current vet shot record.
Please NO FLEX LEASHES!
Glenna Mockbee – Director
Therapy Pets of Greater Cincinnati
Pet Partner Instructor
Member Clermont Dog Training
BECOMING A PET PARTNER© THERAPY ANIMAL TEAM
If you are interested in becoming a registered Pet Partners© Therapy Animal team you might want to consider the Pet Partners© Workshop. Therapy animal work is rewarding, not only for the therapy team but for the patients, students, and residents who are visited.
Some of topics covered in the workshop include learning about:
- The responsibilities of a Therapy Animal Program volunteer.
- How animals are screened and selected for participation in AAA/AAT (Animal Assisted Activities/Animal Assisted Therapy).
- The evaluation process that is used to assess a team's skills and aptitude.
- The various types of facilities and environments one may visit and how each facility operates. Requirements for visiting are different at every facility.
- How to visit effectively with people who have a variety of characteristics, i.e. behavioral, mental or physical.
- How to prepare for a therapy visit.
- What to do before, during and after a visit.
- How to ensure your animal's safety, health and happiness while volunteering.
- Techniques and guidelines for effective visits.
- Information about the protocol for injuries and incidents.
Is your pet ready to become a therapy pet? Can he/she:
- Accept a friendly stranger
- Sit politely for petting
- Appearance and Grooming
- Walk on a loose lead making right and left turns
- Walk through a crowd
- Sit and Down on Command/Staying in place
- Come when called
- Reaction to another dog
- Reactions to Distractions
- Obey "leave it" command
- Take treats easily
Contact Glenna Mockbee for more information.